Rules to follow before going into surgery;
- If you are a smoker, you should not smoke for 48 hours before surgery.
- If you drink alcohol, you should not consume alcohol 1 week in advance.
- You should not experience sudden weight changes (decrease or increase) before the surgery.
- If you are using blood thinners, you should definitely tell the doctor who will perform the operation.
- If you have a chronic disease, you should inform your doctor before the operation.
- Two days before the surgery, you should avoid foods and drinks containing caffeine.
- If you have nail polish on your finger, you should remove it. (The level of oxygen in the blood during the surgery is primarily determined by the color of the nails.)
- Ask your doctor when is the last time you should eat. (Not eating on time can negatively affect your fasting sugar and blood pressure.)
- Before major surgery, the patient needs to sleep at least 8 hours a few nights.